Friday, July 3, 2009

Day 1 – The Dare Part

Hello Everyone,

Today’s Dare

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

Well last night at around 8 o’clock my Day 1 Dare would be over. Everything went well. Until around 7:30 hubs came out and showed me his work boots.

His feet has been hurting and yesterday he discovered why. His heels on his boots are gone. So  he needs a new pair of boots. Fine.

So I say we’ll order you some tonight. No, no, no – he can wait till tomorrow. Okay. But then after several more interruptions later I tell him let’s just order your boots tonight. Okay. I am being patient.

We are on the internet. ‘Look up Georgia boots,’ he tells me. So I do. We are looking at the different styles when he asks a question.

Him: Are they American made?

Me: I’m not sure let me read here a minute.

Him: Are they American made?

Me: I am reading to see. (Patience, patience I say to myself)

Him: Well I don’t want them if they’re not American made.

Me: They are American made.

So we order his boots. ‘Well when will they be here.’ ‘Larry they are closed right now, I will call in the morning to see when they will be here. It doesn’t say on the website.’

A lot more questions later and me feeling exasperated – but I did good. I was so frustrated by the time we got done. I never did get back to what I was doing as we talked about the days events and then it was time to turn in.

It really would have been an easy dare for me usually. But I really had to work at not letting my frustration turn into anger during our internet time. There were a lot of times I wanted to snap if you’d just be patient I can tell you every thing you want to know. But like I said, I did good. Until next time

Have a blessed day,

1 comment:

  1. You did do good...I'd have at the very least, been sarcastic at the first "Is it American made?". I do think sarcasm is part of the Scottish genes however and he'd have just been sarky right back...*L* That being said, you're right of course. I've been trying to not react as much and I'm getting better but my husband is looking at me strangely. He doesn't quite know how to respond.
    Best of luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete