Thursday, July 2, 2009

Day 1 – Love Is Patient

Hello Everyone,

It’s funny when you are reading something and it is so familiar to you. There has been a lot of times that I flipped out over something little. Lots of times that I made a big issue out of nothing. With just a little bit of patience an argument could have been stopped. Ugly words would have not been said.

I am liking this.

The Dare

Resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It’s better to hold your tongue than to say something you’ll regret.

Hmm okay so it is a work day today. This morning we did our usual thing. Getting up at 4 a.m. making his lunch. Telling him I love you and be careful as he is walking out the door. So the rest will continue tonight after we both get off of work.

Tomorrow I will post how the rest of today’s dare went.

This morning I told my hubs about the book. I said I wasn’t going to get it because we had such a good marriage. But when I read even if you have a good marriage it is a journey worth taking I bought it.

He said ‘There’s nothing wrong with our marriage, is there?’

I said ‘No, I just said that it said it would be a journey worth taking.’ (he obviously wasn’t listening)

He said ‘Well it’ll pass the time I suppose.’

Pretty close to what I thought he would say. lol

Until tomorrow

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment